Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Healing power of the ukulele

When the weather begins to get nice out, I am always reminded of the best birthday gift I ever got: my ukulele. The spring that I got that thing, we'd sit outside and my friends would make requests, and I would look up the chords online to play. On evenings when it's nice out, I still like play, but sadly I don't have as much time these days

As a music student, ukulele had next to nothing to do with anything I was learning in my classes. When I got my uke,  I was in the thick of my four semesters of music theory and was questioning my passion for the art. But my ukulele allowed me to turn my brain off and just sing and play. 

It's a fun way to connect with people - my sister in California would even make requests. She requested Ingrid Michaelson's You and I. Here is one video I made for her a few years back.


No comments:

Post a Comment